Yellow ribbon for in-state students?

Hi everyone,

I’m a Marine veteran and was recently accepted into a PA program that starts in January. My school’s veteran liaison/certifying officer told me I wasn’t eligible for the yellow ribbon program because I’m an in-state student, however, the VA website says:

”The Yellow Ribbon Program can help you pay for higher out-of-state, private school, or graduate school tuition that the Post-9/11 GI Bill doesn’t cover.”

Am I missing something, or shouldn’t I be eligible since the PA program is a graduate program?

From the VA Website :

In regards to PUBLIC IHLs:

" For public IHLs, the Post-9/11 GI Bill can cover up to 100% of the net in-State charges, and the Yellow Ribbon Program can be used to cover the remaining out-of-state charges for qualifying individuals."

In regards to PRIVATE IHLs (Found in the FAQs)

Q: "How are the Post-9/11 GI Bill maximum tuition and fee amounts (cap) applied for private and foreign schools?"

A: "The cap is applied until it is exhausted. If the entire amount is not fully used in the first semester, then the remainder will be applied to cover all or a portion of costs for the subsequent semester. Once the amount of the cap has been exhausted for private schools, then the difference between what the Post-9/11 GI Bill covers and the tuition and fees charges could be met with YR Program funds (if the private school participates in YR) or with other financial aid. Please note that if the tuition and fees do not exceed the cap, then YR Program funds are not awarded. Likewise, a student attending part-time may not need YR Program funds. Put another way, if the cap is fully applied in the first semester, then YR Program contributions can be applied to any potential shortfall in the first semester and for the remainder of the academic year for private schools."

Below is the link to all the schools that participate in the YR Program and the amounts that each IHL contributes.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/yellow_ribbon/yrp_list_2019.asp

Hope this helps