Army IPAP for current Guard memeber.

My name is George Banks, I am a 68W in the Pennsylvania NG. I would appreciate it if anyone knows how the IPAP program is currently accepting applicants. I want to talk to an AMEDD recruiter, because my recruiter said that the IPAP is strictly for Active Duty, but I have been told otherwise. I am currently working on my BS in Bio, and I also work as an EMT.

When I was in the guard I also considered the IPAP route. This information may be outdated ( it was close to 8 years ago when this was considered) but the big factor is if the state you're from is willing to pay for it. You can apply and do all the necessary per-requisites but if the state ain't willing to pay for it, then you ain't going. It's not impossible, but so many factors, have to be considered for the NG to pay for such a long pipeline. I was in the Texas Guard and from what I was told, the State would only send candidates they KNEW would pass due to funding. This means a lot more selection criteria will be assessed. Exactly what they assess, I have no idea ( I just went to PA school the regular route) . If you have good grades, and the minimum 2 years of medical experience why not just go the regular route? I'm currently in my didactic year and we have 1 guardsman who still drills (or "battle assembly" when did they change it?). I don't know how she does it with our study load, but she does. It's possible to still serve while in school if that's what you're looking for.

• Like 1

Didactic year is like drinking water through a fire hose but that's to be expected. So approach PA School THIRSTY. Yeah, the VA offers a great HPSP. I missed the last application deadline and am looking into it as an option for when it opens back up next year. Below is a link if you're interested. Our program is very military friendly and during a few of our lunch breaks, they will have medical recruiters from various branches and will hold brown-bag lunch sessions to those that are interested in joining the military after passing the PANCE. We just had the Army medical officer recruiter come in and she was telling us about all the added pay incentives for PAs. Based on her information,  you can basically have PA school loans paid off after a single 4 year commitment on AD. But with that said, it came from a recruiters mouth and should be taken with a grain of salt. If you want anymore info about getting into PA school, send me a PM. Us "nasty-G**ls" need to stick together.

HPSP Scholarship:

https://www.vacareers.va.gov/Content/Documents/Print/VACareers_HPSP_Info_2019.pdf

Edited by BLM8867
  • Like 1