PA Ownership in Florida

Ok, I need some advice here. I'm in a position in starting a practice in Florida. The SP will only take 5% non-voting. The investor will take 45% and I will get 50%. I will be the only PA...for now. Does anyone know what the law is on PA ownership in Florida. Can the MD have only 5%. I've heard in the past that as long as the MD had at least 1% it's ok. I will be checking with FAPA soon, but if anyone can provide input, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

-Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Sean,

I'm in the process of starting a clinic too. My understanding is that FL law allows us to own 100% of the clinic. The problem is the stupid CMS allows us to own up to 99% of the clinic. The 1% can be anyone. So in your case, you're set. But you will have to pay the 2k or whatever Tallahassee wants to milk from you to register the clinic. If it's 100% healthcare provider owned, they waive a lot of paperwork and I believe the fee goes down to $100 if I remember right.

Archived