Question about reporting patient care experience

Hi all,

I'm currently taking courses to become an EMT-B and it seems that I'll have a job right after. I have all of my science pre-reqs taken care of and the only thing I have left is getting these patient care experience hours. I was hoping to start PA school next fall at the earliest, but would like to start applying now. I know that a lot of schools require so many hours of patient care experience, but if I am not currently done getting the required amount of hours by the time I submit my application, what happens? I mean, can I still submit the application without having totally completed the amount of hours the schools require with hope that these hours will be completed by the time school starts? This is my only concern about applying.

thanks

The best thing to do is contact the schools and ask .... some schools require so many completed by application submission, some by matriculation ... contact the schools you are most interested in ... some post it on their websites ... but I would talk to someone to be sure. Good luck!

Archived