PA to shadow in NE Pennsylvania? (Allentown)

Hey everyone, I posted about a month ago on here because I decided I am very interested in becoming a PA. The replies were very helpful indeed, about schooling, routes to take up to PA school, etc. I've decided one of the best ways for me to know this is a definate career choice for me would be shadowing. I do have PT experience, having been and am an EMT. Anyway, I live in NE Pennsylvania, Allentown area. Anyone know any PA's in this area that are willing to have someone who is interested shadow them? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I also live in the Allentown area (was also an EMT, though in the DC area). I did a formal shadowing program at St. Luke's in Bethlehem. It was around 5 months, and we had the opportunity to shadow in several areas of the hospital and in outpatient clinics. I was in for several surgeries, including neurosurgery. This is also one of the very few formal PA shadowing programs in the country, so it's excellent luck that you live in the area. It is competitive and I believe that you have to be an enrolled undergrad to apply. It's an incredible experience - I highly recommend it. (By the way, I did the program before applying to PA school and now will be starting at DeSales this Fall). Any further questions about the program, please let me know. -Brie

Archived