Class of 2015

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ADPoor...the interview process was a combination of individual and group interviews, as well as a tour. The faculty & staff are very friendly. The most important thing truly is to be yourself.

I do not have a science degree like most PA applicants (I posted my stats on the stats thread), so in that respect my application probably would have stood out a bit from other applicants.

I really like it. There are a lot of things changing right now with a new director and a lot of new faculty. The new directer, Professor Schwarz, is doing a lot to improve the program. They have added 3 new full time professors just since I've been here. The professors are all extremely dedicated and genuinely want us all to succeed. I really have no complaints.

One of the perks of being an older and more established school is that we will supposedly have lots of different opportunities for clinical rotations. Maybe one of the 2013's could tell you more about it. I'll know more later this year, but that looks to be one of the real strengths of UK's program.

Again, congrats!

At the open house back in the spring, UK mentioned having another application cycle starting in Jan. They also mentioned moving away from a Jan start date. Does anyone know if those two things are true? I also heard that they are changing their Pre-reqs for next year. Any info on that as well?

awad1204...I noticed from some of your other posts that we have similar backgrounds. I'm 35 and had a corp. career for 9 yrs (corp. finance, purchasing, supply chain). I have been accepted into UK's class of 2015, so if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I can also email you a copy of my personal statement/narrative if you'd like (I was told at my UK interview that my narrative was enjoyable to read).

• 3 weeks later...
I just received an email inviting me for an interview on Sept 21. Guess I just squeaked in there, huh? Anyone who's had an interview this cycle..are they still doing a writing portion during the interview process?

There was a written portion at my interview in July.

Congrats on the interview invite and best of luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived