NICU/Neo Clinical Rotation?

I did one through my school, but I set it up myself. If you don't have your own contacts, most programs associated with a medical school or academic medical center would likely be able to set one up for you since nearly all big academic hospitals have a NICU.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:06 PM, EmPA26 said:

I did one through my school, but I set it up myself. If you don't have your own contacts, most programs associated with a medical school or academic medical center would likely be able to set one up for you since nearly all big academic hospitals have a NICU.

Not the OP, but am thinking about trying to set up NICU as my elective. @EmPA26 how was your experience? I know it's historically been an NP-dominated specialty, so I haven't met any NICU PAs. Would love to hear if you'd recommend. 

Yes, a residency/fellowship makes it much easier to get a job, however if you can do a long enough rotation at a level 3 or 4 NICU, you might be able to get a job straight from school. If you are set on a residency, you can also contact them and say you would like to do a student rotation with them as you are interested in the program. I'm applying to both jobs and residency so we will see where I land!

There are currently residency programs at:

-CHOP Children's hospital of Philadelphia 

- University of Kentucky 

- UPMC Pittsburgh 

- Seattle Children's has both a NICU and a more general peds track.

-Nationwide Children's in Columbus,  Ohio

- Riley Children's in Indianapolis 

- University of Rochester, New York 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...