Sign in to follow this  
SteveyTI

CT Surgery Reimbursement

Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery PAs:

I work for a busy practice primarily in the operating room with minimal clinic or rounding responsibilities.

We have been looking over the finances and are seeing that our collections are far below the cost of each PA to the practice. We are near the 50th percentile in wages.

I am curious how others in the these subspecialties do? Are you profitable for the practice? I feel like we should be, so we are trying to analyze and figure out why our collections are not much better.

Feedback is much appreciated.

I have worked in General Surgery for 8 years and I am being told my assisting fees do not cover my salary (92K).  I would also like to know if this is affecting other PA’s in surgical specialties as I anticipate looking for a new job soon and hope to stay in some type of surgery.  If reimbursement for assisting is going down It may be difficult to find jobs that make for an excellent mix of OR, clinic, and hospital that I have enjoyed so much!

I would appreciate input on this as well as I have always been salary and not included in any billing/reimbursement information.