Malcolm-X PA program? thoughts

I am beginning the re-application process for PA school and have not yet heard from Malcolm X, I like there location in the city and their mission. I did some research and found out they were on probation but that has now been cleared since 2009. Has anyone been to Malcolm X, shadowed, or know anyone in the program now? or have any general information about it? anything would help their website is pretty minimal

thanks

-Maria

• 7 months later...

Hi Maria,

Just came accross your post when I was searching people's thoughts on Malcolm X's probation issues. I wanted to make you aware of what I read on their site, which is below. Is your application submitted? Have you heard anything from them yet?

According to their website:

At its March 8, 2012 meeting, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant ("ARC-PA" or "Commission") reviewed all application documents submitted by the Malcolm X College Physician Assistant Program for continuing accreditation. The Commission voted to continue the Malcolm X College Physician Assistant Program on probationary accreditation until its next comprehensive review in September 2013.

Probation is a temporary status of accreditation conferred when a program does not meet accreditation standards and when the capability of the program to provide an acceptable educational experience for its students is threatened. If the Malcolm X College Physician Assistant Program does not demonstrate substantial compliance with accreditation standards at the time of its next comprehensive review in June 2013, the Commission will withdraw accreditation from the Malcolm X College Physician Assistant Program. There will be no further period of probation. It is possible that the loss of accreditation by the Program may impact the ability of students enrolled in the Program at the time of withdrawal to practice as physicians assistants in some states.

Archived