General Surgery Offer

I just got an offer for a general surgery position. I have no prior surgery experience other than rotations.

Salary $121,000
Retention bonus of $8k after 12 months (to be paid over the subsequent 12 mos), and then $5k after another 12 months
14 days PTO
5 days CME $750 (must be approved)
Health insurance (no details given at this time)
401k after a year I think (not that concerned right now, as I'm paying off loans first, and more interested in investing in real estate)
Liability coverage paid for (not including tail coverage)
Licenses, etc. paid for

I need to verify days/week. Schedule seems fairly unknown at this point. Sounds like they don't see a lot of office patients, so it'll primarily be first assisting and rounding. They also want me to network with other PA's in primary care/urgent care offices in order to boost referrals, and have said that as business grows, I will be rewarded for that in higher compensation.

Personally I'd like more PTO. Everything else I'm good with. Depends on days/week I'll be working, but I'd prefer to have 4 weeks of PTO. But I could sacrifice some PTO for the first year if it can be bumped up in year 2.

What do you guys think?

• 1 month later...

Archived