Anyone going to the Feb FY19 AMEDD DCC

EMPATX, congrats on getting through IPAP! Just curious if you'd be willing to share your experience with DCC afterward, either in a post, or PM. I am not looking forward to DCC , but I've only ever speculated with the others in my IPAP class, and never talked to anyone who has ever gone. I won't be graduating until next year, so hopefully the requirement is dumped by then, but not with my luck. I am a reservist, and hoping to get it done and over with soon after I graduate.

Adam,

Actually not an IPAP graduate, I was a direct commission selection. But yeah I will be more then willing to share what I gather from DCC to whoever after it's all said and done. From what I've been told it was to get all the basics of the Army out of the way before focusing on Army Medicine. Mainly cause I would say a good majority of the people, from what I was told by others, aren't prior service. Basically 4 weeks of teaching us all to get squared away before arriving to BOLC. I'm also not prior service though I have a lot of friends who are, but until you're in it you don't get it. Hope you're education is going well, just keep your head up and just realize at all times most people are probably feel like they are just treading water like you lol.

Hello EMPATX,

I am currently a PA student in my final semester of didactic education. I am currently scheduled to graduate in August of 2020 and I was wondering if you might be able to tell me about your experience direct commissioning into the Army? I have always had a need and desire to join the military and for becoming a PA. I was talked out of joining straight out of high school by my parents when they convinced me off all the benefits of getting my education 1st and foremost. I have contacted the AMEDD and my local recruiter about joining up but they told me to wait and contact them again when I am about 6 months away from graduating. I just wanted to hear how the whole process went down from someone who has went through it themselves. Please respond at your convenience.

Archived