Contract question

Hi everyone,

I am a recent new grad and wanted to get advice on 2 offers I’m considering. One is with a very well known Medspa in the area, and the other is with a smaller private plastic surgery office. The Medspa is a better offer in terms of salary, bonuses, contract length and also non compete agreement. With that said, I do want to eventually go into dermatology and/or plastics, but I am unsure if working at a Medspa (vs a plastic surgeons office) would put me at a disadvantage when I decide to change jobs. If you could let me know your opinions I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

I'm not overly familiar with Medspas, but from a quick google search appears very niche - and not exactly medicine in the classic form.  I'm not really sure how those skills would translate into a more classic area such as FM, UC, ED, ortho, etc.

BUT, many (if not most) derm and plastics offices offer medspa services so for those specialties specifically it may work, but I would assume any practice you were to join would be more focused on elective services rather than post-cancer reconstruction (or similar).  So, while it could work, I would HIGHLY recommend being careful you don't pigeonhole yourself.  

Archived