Nervous about PANCE performance

Hi,

I just took my PANCE yesterday morning. I thought it was pretty hard but a lot of my classmates said they thought it wasn't bad and felt fine coming out. I know there were a lot of questions that were basic but pinned multiple first line diagnoses/treatments against each other in the answer choices and my educated guesses were incorrect. I thought I was studying the right way and felt prepared going in, so Im not sure what happened. I flagged at least 15 questions in each section and with the addition of my stupid mistakes there are probably more I got wrong. Some questions I felt super confident about but Im nervous I just got all of the questions I wasn't 100% sure on incorrect. I tried remembering the ones I know I got wrong and its around 50 questions. I'm really upset I made such stupid mistakes and Im terrified Im going to fail. Anyone else have a similar experience? 

currently panicking and have 6 days of torture ahead of me 

I recently took the PANCE as well and I don't think your experience is unique.  It was challenging compared to the exams given at school and other practice questions.  Any exam like this makes you question your performance, especially when you have to wait for results!  I really can't say anything to ease your anxiety about it because you just have to wait it out, but know that most people pass - I can't remember stats - and try not to think about it for a few days!

Step 1:  Don't look up questions/answers afterwards.

2: PANCE, like EORs, inserts 'test' questions to see if they will use them in future exams and won't count on your test.

3: Passing is like a 50% score.  

4: 96% of people pass and almost all of them feel like they did terribly.

5:  Go do ANYTHING else for the next week or two...get your mind off of it ASAP

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, KL252 said:

Hi,

I just took my PANCE yesterday morning. I thought it was pretty hard but a lot of my classmates said they thought it wasn't bad and felt fine coming out. I know there were a lot of questions that were basic but pinned multiple first line diagnoses/treatments against each other in the answer choices and my educated guesses were incorrect. I thought I was studying the right way and felt prepared going in, so Im not sure what happened. I flagged at least 15 questions in each section and with the addition of my stupid mistakes there are probably more I got wrong. Some questions I felt super confident about but Im nervous I just got all of the questions I wasn't 100% sure on incorrect. I tried remembering the ones I know I got wrong and its around 50 questions. I'm really upset I made such stupid mistakes and Im terrified Im going to fail. Anyone else have a similar experience? 

On 8/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, KL252 said:

Hi,

I feel the exact same way. I took the PANCE yesterday. I made a ton of stupid mistakes. I am terrified of failing. Did you pass??

• 3 months later...

Archived