What should I improve

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see what people thought were my strengths/weaknesses of my application! B.S. in psychology with a minor in biology

cGPA: 3.61

sGPA: 3.58

pre-req GPA: 3.7

Haven't taken GRE yet

2500 hours as a PCA/phlebotomist on a neurosurgery unit in a hospital

Vice President of an honor society, Fundraising Chair of a Cancer club at my college, Teaching assistant for a neuroscience course

200 volunteer hours at a hospital and a homeless shelter

15 PA shadowing hours, 10 MD shadowing hours

LORs from my supervisor at the hospital, a professor I was a teaching assistant for, and a PA I shadowed.

Pretty solid all around, you should expect several interviews. At that point it comes down to the interview itself which preparation will help with. Be comfortable with talking about all of the general "PA interview questions" and know about some current PA topics, name change, independent practice, etc. Also put in some effort on the GRE, you want to 300+ it to make sure you meet the requirements, ace-ing it isn't as important, just go for a 150+/150+/4+. 

GPA is "good" but not "awesome," but not much you can do about that now (but it won't raise any red flags). You're safe there.

PCA is good, better than a lot of folks.

Volunteering and shadowing are also both good.

GRE, Personal Statement, and the interview itself are the only outliers at this point.

Best of luck

Archived