Complete FAFSA before PA school acceptance

Hi everyone, 

I am applying to some PA schools this cycle. Should I complete FAFSA now, in order to get fund/loans if I get accepted to start school in 2019? Would it be too late to apply for financial aid if I wait until December 2018 or Jan 2019, when hopefully the results are in? 

Thank you,

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, JC40 said:

You could always apply for FAFSA and add school info once you know the school you are going to. I'm sure you could be fine to wait as well. You will only be getting approved for loans and it's not like it is first come first serve. 

Thank you! ?

FAFSA for the 2019-2020 school year doesn't open until October, so unless you are talking about a program that starts in January 2019, you'll need to wait to fill it out. My program started in June 2018 and our financial aid application didn't open until December 2017. I would say fill out FAFSA as soon as it opens in October, but you'll need to wait until you're accepted to apply for financial aid through your school, unless you plan to do some sort of scholarship or private loan.

Archived