Trauma Surg.- Critical Care PA Salary

ALCON,

So, I have been a practicing emergency medicine PA for 3 years. I also have an extensive military background as a helicopter flight medic and ground medic for 25 years. 

I have an interview with an established trauma surgery service in July and have no idea what to ask, in terms of beginning salary / hourly wage!

Info: (from memory): 3 Nights, Tues, Wed, Thurs.; PTO, CME $, Weekend days (every 4th wknd), sign-on bonus, some surg,- mainly crit care with strong procedures (chest tubes/central lines/ etc...)

Current wages in ER: Days with 3-4 nights/mth at ($70.00/hr x avg. 140hrs/mth, with avg. 3500 bonus/yr, no PTO, $2500,00 CME /yr)

QUESTION: Based on the info above, and what i make right now in ER, what should I be asking for starting salary/ hourly without surg. or crit care experience?

Your expert opinions are greatly appreciated.....

Kevin

What area of the country are you in? I'm friends with a critical care/trauma (No Surgery) PA with 10 years experience and he's pulling in around 150k per year in NY. He started at around 120k with plenty of incentives. From what I heard those positions are hard to come by. 

Archived