Prereqs

I started Gen Chem I this semester so I won't be finished with my pre-reqs till after Fall 13' at the minimum since I'll need an O-Chem or Biochem and that's if I take Gen Chem II this summer. Everything else should be good like A&P, Micro, Stats etc..For some reason Gen Chem I is giving me a HARD time compared to the other pre-reqs. I'll probably come out with a B but I'm a little worried about the rest of the Chem courses if I'm having this much trouble with good ole' basic gen chem. Like you, I'm 25 and have taken a non-traditional path to becoming a physician assistant so I feel like the clock is ticking. Anyways, good luck this fall! I'm sure you will do better this time around!

I started Gen Chem I this semester so I won't be finished with my pre-reqs till after Fall 13' at the minimum since I'll need an O-Chem or Biochem and that's if I take Gen Chem II this summer. Everything else should be good like A&P, Micro, Stats etc..For some reason Gen Chem I is giving me a HARD time compared to the other pre-reqs. I'll probably come out with a B but I'm a little worried about the rest of the Chem courses if I'm having this much trouble with good ole' basic gen chem. Like you, I'm 25 and have taken a non-traditional path to becoming a physician assistant so I feel like the clock is ticking. Anyways, good luck this fall! I'm sure you will do better this time around!

^I wouldn't necessarily be worried as the two are different kettles of fish. To me, O Chem made a lot more sense. Figure out what's going on in the first semester and it's the same in the second. Are you taking the classes online or at a physical school? Most schools have some sort of tutoring that you might look into. (At my school it's free!)

Also, 25 isn't too old for anything. You'll see people on here who are 15-20 yrs older, asking the same questions you are. We all take different paths. :) Good luck to you both!

^I wouldn't necessarily be worried as the two are different kettles of fish. To me, O Chem made a lot more sense. Figure out what's going on in the first semester and it's the same in the second. Are you taking the classes online or at a physical school? Most schools have some sort of tutoring that you might look into. (At my school it's free!)

Also, 25 isn't too old for anything. You'll see people on here who are 15-20 yrs older, asking the same questions you are. We all take different paths. :) Good luck to you both!

Hey, coming from me too, 25 ain't too old. We're just getting started!

I had actually considered MD school, but the time it'd take both to do it and after residency to get loans paid off swayed me toward this.

Gen Chem gave me fits the first time around years ago. I actually get chem now though lol. Professor or student error I suppose.

Hang in there!

Hey, coming from me too, 25 ain't too old. We're just getting started!

I had actually considered MD school, but the time it'd take both to do it and after residency to get loans paid off swayed me toward this.

Gen Chem gave me fits the first time around years ago. I actually get chem now though lol. Professor or student error I suppose.

Hang in there!

Archived