24 years old starting from scratch...

I am 22 years old.

I do not even have an associates degree. I dropped out of college in 2009 because

I got what I thought was the job offer of my life in business administration (restaurant business

to be precise.) Now I realize that I cannot do this for the rest of my life. I sometimes

love the business world, most of the time I despise it.

Now I found medicine. I started school this year again. I am also currently volunteering at

a private MD clinic.

Very hard stuff, considering I work over 60 hours a week. I hope I can be strong.

I hope I do not give up. You are not alone in your rough journey. I hope to be

26 or 27 but the time I apply to a PA school.

• 3 weeks later...

You are definitely not alone. I am 34 with 4 young boys and

a disability. Age is a number...... Next year you will be one year older than this

year. Start now and keep going. A dream is a gift I believe. I even tried to be "responsible" and do the management

role as it would be much less resistance and obstacles. Luckily I have a very supportive wife who told me it would be like

a posher who never paints. As was previously stated font give up before you started. Show how bad you want it. I feel guilty

At times taking from my sweet boys, but I know I'm giving them the gift of seeing what dedication and persistence will do.

Run when you can, walk when you can, crawl when you must, but keep moving forward. This rings in my head as I crawl through this

journey. Good luck to all of you.

Archived