Conduct Violation Reporting

Hey, everyone! 

Hope everyone's CASPA process is going well so far! ?

I have a question regrading reporting a conduct violation I received freshman year of college. Back in February 2014, I had used my boyfriend's keycard at the dorms to retrieve something from his dorm room. As I entered the room, the dorm staff was inspecting the living area (which was routinely done) and saw that I entered without him. I, as well as many others, would casually just use each other's cards to get through the dorm doors if we didn't have it on us. It was quite stupid.  I had to meet with the Dean of Students and they gave me a written warning for unauthorized usage of an identification card on campus. Should I put "yes" for the conduct violations option on the CASPA application? I know that schools sometimes do checks on these kinds of records, and I wouldn't want the incident to come up if I didn't properly report it. But it is for something so insignificant. I've asked others and they advised me to not put down that this happened since most people wouldn't even waste their time wanting to know about this. Nor do I know how to even describe how it "impacted" me or how to reflect on it. I actually emailed the woman asking how this might impact my PA school application 4 years later, and she said she really hopes it wouldn't since it is something so small (then why did she give me a warning?? lol). 

What would you advise would be the best thing to do? For now, I did put "yes" and a description of what happened, etc. I want to be honest but also, I feel like reporting something like this is quite unnecessary. Any advise would help! Thank you! 

Archived