Alternate List 2012

• 2 weeks later...

I am also on the waitlist! I interviewed in January and am trying to stay positive. I was also waitlisted last year and eventually denied. The process was so frustrating because you can pretty much find out if you are accepted any time between now and the first week of class, with no definite time. I know some students who were accepted last year 2 weeks before orientation started, so I am hopeful. I have been trying to find a facebook group to see how many students have been accepted already but I cant find it anywhere. The past few years have had one and that was helpful to see how many spots were left etc.

I am also on the waitlist! I interviewed in January and am trying to stay positive. I was also waitlisted last year and eventually denied. The process was so frustrating because you can pretty much find out if you are accepted any time between now and the first week of class, with no definite time. I know some students who were accepted last year 2 weeks before orientation started, so I am hopeful. I have been trying to find a facebook group to see how many students have been accepted already but I cant find it anywhere. The past few years have had one and that was helpful to see how many spots were left etc.

Yes its very very frustrating because midwestern is my number one choice. I live in the area and the program is awesome I have had my mind set on them for five years. Since they tell you that you can get accepted up until the program starts, I just had to wait until the middle of June to finally know I did not get in. Once the program started and their class was filled, I knew I was obviously not accepted. I probably got the rejection letter in late June once their program had fully begun. I believe that is the case with all waitlist candidates. We either get an acceptance call, or wait until the program starts and if we havent heard anything at that point we did not get accepted.

Yes its very very frustrating because midwestern is my number one choice. I live in the area and the program is awesome I have had my mind set on them for five years. Since they tell you that you can get accepted up until the program starts, I just had to wait until the middle of June to finally know I did not get in. Once the program started and their class was filled, I knew I was obviously not accepted. I probably got the rejection letter in late June once their program had fully begun. I believe that is the case with all waitlist candidates. We either get an acceptance call, or wait until the program starts and if we havent heard anything at that point we did not get accepted.

I wish all of you good luck for this year. From what I understood at our session with MWU is that they try and fill up the entire class after their last interview session and send acceptance letters to those selected interviewees. There is a 3-4 week window after that in which those accepted students accept or reject the offer opening up few spaces which is when the school goes through the alternative list and sends letters to the first set of students in that list (based on the qualification criteria), again, the same wait time for acceptance/rejection goes and the entire process repeats itself.

The reason that you can hear right before or into the first week of session is because from the accepted list (usually you just pay a certain amount to hold your seat) some students who have another choice and they hear their acceptance of the other school last minute, will then decide to withdraw opening up those seats. Usually these candidates are very few but the alternate list is a lot longer than that.

I really do wish you all Goodluck again and hope you guys hear from MWU soon.

KPlica, the facebook page for class of 2014 is not complete. Very few of us has joined it. I know 10 students myself who are accepted but haven't joined the FB page, so it won't give you any accurate data. The same goes for the forum started by me and Dina here for the class of 2014.

I wish all of you good luck for this year. From what I understood at our session with MWU is that they try and fill up the entire class after their last interview session and send acceptance letters to those selected interviewees. There is a 3-4 week window after that in which those accepted students accept or reject the offer opening up few spaces which is when the school goes through the alternative list and sends letters to the first set of students in that list (based on the qualification criteria), again, the same wait time for acceptance/rejection goes and the entire process repeats itself.

The reason that you can hear right before or into the first week of session is because from the accepted list (usually you just pay a certain amount to hold your seat) some students who have another choice and they hear their acceptance of the other school last minute, will then decide to withdraw opening up those seats. Usually these candidates are very few but the alternate list is a lot longer than that.

I really do wish you all Goodluck again and hope you guys hear from MWU soon.

KPlica, the facebook page for class of 2014 is not complete. Very few of us has joined it. I know 10 students myself who are accepted but haven't joined the FB page, so it won't give you any accurate data. The same goes for the forum started by me and Dina here for the class of 2014.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived