Are there any Cardiology PA's here

I have a question asking about your general responsibilities and duties and level of autonomy. More specifically paediatric cardiology if anyone can give input there thanks. 

I’ve been in adult cardiology for 12 years. I do hospital rounding (consults and progress notes) and our PAs see new and old patients in the office as well. We let the boss know about new patients and also ask questions when we bump into the edge of our expertise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, haruu said:

I have a question asking about your general responsibilities and duties and level of autonomy. More specifically paediatric cardiology if anyone can give input there thanks. 

We have PAs and NPs at our institution for pediatric cardiology.  They see consults and write progress notes - but all patients are seen and co-signed by attending within 24 hours.  They staff all consults and patients with the attending.  In clinic, I believe they see follow ups independently, though new patients are always seen by an attending as well, at least once.  They are really good - I learned a lot about telemetry and congenital cardiac heart disease from our CV NP when I was an intern.

Archived