Anyone at Walter Reed?

Any Navy PAs or personnel stationed at Walter Reed? I'm an active duty collegiate (HSCP) graduating next year, and I'm interested in my chances at a billet there. I'm going to be in contact with the detailer likely early next month, but figured it couldn't hurt to see if anyone has an idea on the likelihood beforehand. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was stationed there when enlisted for close to 5 years and never ran into any active duty PAs (civilian PAs, yes.)  I figured to myself this probably something to do with it being the teaching hospital for USUHS, and being a VERY resident-heavy hospital but this was never confirmed to me. Best of luck.

On 4/18/2018 at 5:36 PM, HM2toPA said:

Hi, I was stationed there when enlisted for close to 5 years and never ran into any active duty PAs (civilian PAs, yes.)  I figured to myself this probably something to do with it being the teaching hospital for USUHS, and being a VERY resident-heavy hospital but this was never confirmed to me. Best of luck.

Thanks HM2toPA! I interviewed there with a CDR who was in charge of a pulm clinic, and she was a PA. I hope there's more than just her haha. My recruiter is an MSC officer in hospital administration and he recently was assigned to Walter Reed, I'll look to him for more info. Thanks again, I'll post an update if I get any info!

Archived