Should I try to apply to PA school this cycle even though I have C's in chemistry?

Hello guys, 

I have been struggling with the question of whether or not to apply to PA school this cycle (the one that opens next month in April) and I would really appreciate any advice. 

I have a B.S in psychology and I actually did very well in undergrad in the beginning. The first two years of college I lived at home and went to community college. I worked part time but was able to study on the job. I finished my A.A. with a 4.0 and then I transferred to a university and moved. After moving out of home I have had to work full time and completely support myself financially. I did not decide that I wanted to be a PA until my senior year of college so at that point there was no point in changing majors. I finished my psych degree and then re-applied to college as second degree seeking in health sciences major. I finished my psychology degree with mostly A's and maybe 3 B's. However, I have really struggled to take these harder science pre-reqs while working full time at a demanding job. I took anatomy and bio 2 in the same semester and got D's in both of them. I retook them for grade forgiveness (so they are not calculated in my GPA) and got B's in both the second try. I got a B in physiology on the first try, but in chem 1 and 2 I got C's. I am currently in genetics and I expect to get a B in the class. I am planning to take Orgo 1 and microbiology over the summer. I feel like since I have already gotten C's in both chem classes I should't expect to do any better in orgo 1. Should I go ahead and apply with the chemistry C's on my application or should I wait until next cycle and retake chem 1 and 2? I would really prefer not to keep retaking classes unless it is absolutely necessary.  

Other factors: 

I got a 307 on the GRE

Overall GPA: 3.66  Science GPA: 3.0

I have almost 5,000 hours of HCE with taking vitals/medical history and phlebotomy (basically like medical assisting)

I have 46 shadowing hours (16 with a PA) all in the emergency department

I have a few misc. volunteer hours but none of them are in the medical field. I am planning to start volunteering for a free clinic in the next couple of months as well as volunteering with a few organizations that work with homelessness (I would like to be a PA for a low cost primary care clinic to help bring better health care to those struggling with poverty/homelessness) 

I am only planning to apply to schools which require C or better in prerequisites and minimum science GPA of 3.0 or lower. I do not have a lot of other upper level science classes since my major was psychology. I do feel that I am capable of the success in challenging science courses and that I will succeed in PA school where I won't have a job and can devote my life to studying. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Archived