New grad Ortho Offer. He wants me to suggest a salary

Me: 24 YO, living at home

job: 10min commute Ortho & Spine Outpt with their hopes that I can get access to the nearby hospital and scrub in cases with the surgeon once per week in a several months

He’s willing to do 33 hours a week or full time 

Expectations: see patients in office, joint aspirations, injections, trigger points, will be trained, ortho surgeon and or PMR doc always in office, 

max would be 60 patients per day between three of us

Benefits: full malpractice, medical, 16 days PTO, dea/license/cme covered

He knows my previous job of only 2 months was offering 65/hr without any benefits (see my previous post if wondering why I quit... )

NO 401k which I was bogged about.. 

he wants me to say a starting salary for discussion 

With a 401k, I would have asked for 110k a year for 40hr/week.

I am not too sure how much I should ask for considering theres no 401k as im not too clear on its inherent worth to me.

He made a point that if I chose to do 33hr a week, the "top notch occurrence" malpractice he pays for me would still be valid anywhere else id take a job 

Thank you in advance

Too many variables and I feel like my market is much different the  NYC. Do you have ortho experience? 110k with those bennies would be acceptable to me for a starting salary. I would want access to my reimbursement and 2 or 3 years down the road would use that info to bargain for either retirement funding, student loan, or substantial raise.

Archived