Additional preparation (i.e. not pre-requisites) before starting a PA program?

Hi y'all,

I'm going to be starting in January of 2013, and have completed my pre-reqs. One PA student advised me to read Bates' Guide to history taking, a doctor told me to focus on reviewing A&P ranges of BP, pulse, etc. Any other thoughts on what will be most helpful in giving me a headstart on coursework? I've got 9 months to study and want to prepare the best I can to keep from being overwhelmed. Thanks!

There seem to be mixed reviews on the idea of pre-studying. Some people feel it's a good way to "get ahead" and be prepared. Others feel that it might not make sense since you don't know what focus your professors will have on the material. Further, they recommend that you take some time to relax since PA school will be a whirlwind. I'm in the second camp. I have faith that my HCE and my science courses put me where I need to be and that I'll learn what I'm supposed to once I start classes. (And I really like doing all the fun things I didn't have time for in undergrad. :D )

There seem to be mixed reviews on the idea of pre-studying. Some people feel it's a good way to "get ahead" and be prepared. Others feel that it might not make sense since you don't know what focus your professors will have on the material. Further, they recommend that you take some time to relax since PA school will be a whirlwind. I'm in the second camp. I have faith that my HCE and my science courses put me where I need to be and that I'll learn what I'm supposed to once I start classes. (And I really like doing all the fun things I didn't have time for in undergrad. :D )

I concur with what la.lewis said

Archived