A double-signed Letter of Recommendation

So recently i was able to shadow a couple of physician assistants in the same urology clinic (basically tag-team P.A.'s). I would alternate the days that I would shadow each one and did this for about a month. I asked each one individually if they would write a letter of recomendation but thought 2 letters would be too much from on place. So I asked if they could write a co-letter of rec and co-sign it. Im sure either one of them would be willing to do one on their own, too. Im debating on how to follow up with this. Would that be a legit letter of rec if it was co-written and signed? or would that not look very good? Should I just have one of them write an individual letter for me?

I would say play it safe and have each one write you a letter of recommendation. Even though it was co-written, it still only counts as one letter vs having two letters. Most schools these days need at least 3 LORs. In addition to this, if you are applying to schools that use CASPA, CASPA isn't set up to do co-written LORs.

Kind Regards,

Khoi

Thank you very much for your replies, you bring up a good point about CASPA, I failed to realize that aspect. The only reason that I thought it might be a good idea to have only one LOR from them is due to the fact that most schools say they look for 3 LORs (one from a professor, one from a shadowed P.A., and one from a clinician that you worked with). Those are my three that I'm shooting for. Do you think it's a big deal to prioritize my letters like that, or should I not worry about it so much??

Whats wrong with having 4 LORs?
CASPA won't let you and many schools will not consider extra LORs. Some schools that require only 2 LORs will only look at the first 2 uploaded to CASPA (where the max is 3), so if anyone ends up in this situation make sure the 2 you want the school to see are the first 2.

Whats wrong with having 4 LORs?
CASPA won't let you and many schools will not consider extra LORs. Some schools that require only 2 LORs will only look at the first 2 uploaded to CASPA (where the max is 3), so if anyone ends up in this situation make sure the 2 you want the school to see are the first 2.

\

I meant having extra LORs on standby just in case one falls through. But definitely good to know about the latter part of your statement.

Khoi

\

I meant having extra LORs on standby just in case one falls through. But definitely good to know about the latter part of your statement.

Khoi

• 4 months later...

Archived