Is it worth applying to a school with 3 outstanding prereqs?

Right now I have a list of about 6 schools that I will be applying to where I either have the prereqs completed, or 1 or 2 to be completed. However, there is a couple of schools I really want to apply to where I would have 3 outstanding classes. Is it worth applying to those, or is it not even worth it? Has anyone here been accepted to schools where they had 3+ classes outstanding? Thanks guys

I had more than 3 outstanding at the time of the application (but was progressing in my classes on time to only have 2 outstanding the semester prior to enrollment). I took a chance, and glad I did! I was granted an interview at my top choice school based on a strong academic record and experience up until then. And yes, I was accepted. I urge you to do the same, as long as you meet the max # of outstanding pre-reqs your programs allow in the semester prior to starting PA school.

I initially considered waiting a year to apply until I was done with my prereqs but am so glad I didn't! Same as feb, at the time of applying, I had a few courses left - A&P II, Micro, and Orgo. I completed A&P last semester, am currently taking micro, and will take orgo in the summer. that being said, I applied in Sept/Oct and got accepted to a program in Nov. that required all three (under the condition that I complete them before matriculation). The school I eventually decided to attend only requires orgo and strongly suggests A&P, though I've decided to keep on with micro anyway. The fact that I hadn't yet completed those courses never came up except in the acceptance letters that stipulate that I must complete them before school starts. As crystaltide said, check with the programs to make sure they will consider you with outstanding courses, and if so, go for it!

Archived