Navy Reserve

I have been a practicing PA in the civilian world for 6 years and am considering joining the Navy Reserve once I finish my MS degree next year. I have been able to find information on drill pay based off rank but I have been having a much harder time pinning down any of the other pay that would accompany such a position, e.g. special pay, such as HPO Monthly IP, NPBCP, bonuses, etc. I feel it may be premature to speak to a recruiter as I'm over a year out from possibly being to apply, so I was wondering if anyone could fill me in as to how much, approximately, I could make in the Navy Reserve as a PA. 

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is much of a help--but I'm just about to start clinical year and have decided to join the Reserves after graduation therefore I have been researching the different branches and what each can offer, how I would fit in etc. I called a local Navy recruiter and she said that the Navy does not have much to offer Reserve PAs at the moment; she stated as of now there is no loan repayment offered nor any annual bonus, basically just drill pay. She suggested getting into contact again at the end of the next fiscal year as the budget may change. Then she spent about 30 minutes trying to convince me to go Active Duty lol. But it may be worth contacting a recruiter; she was more than happy to answer all my questions.

Archived