Getting paid by RVUs

15 hours ago, JPMiller said:

Depends on the deal. I like it because there is no way someone would pay me hourly what I make on RVU. But when you aren't busy, you aren't producing. Can be stressful. What field?

Dermatology.  I am not sure why RVU instead of collections.  I mean at the end would it not count out towards the same? Mixed Medicaid, commercial population.  I am not familiar with RVU at all so wondering if there's a catch...if payout is slower?

Rvu means it doesn't matter what they collect. Derm is probably mostly cash or prior authorized, so likely not much different. rvu is nice because it is easy to calculate. If you know what you did, especially if you do your own coding, you know exactly how much you make...

9 hours ago, JPMiller said:

Rvu means it doesn't matter what they collect. Derm is probably mostly cash or prior authorized, so likely not much different. rvu is nice because it is easy to calculate. If you know what you did, especially if you do your own coding, you know exactly how much you make...

So it's only based on what you bill? That's great.  So maybe in theory you'd see the money in your paycheck sooner......

Do you recommend in this case to document yourself what you're billing each day to calculate what your income should be?

Archived