New Grad Rank?

You would think that, but my class was the fist class to sit previously commissioned officers. So we had a bunch of MSC LTs that left the program and got promoted to Captain almost instantly. That still rubs me the wrong way, by the way. And these battalions were getting PAs that were captains and you would think they would know a thing or two about the Army, but their only experience was the Medical Department Officer Basic Course. Actually, the promotion thing was one of the reasons why I resigned. It was in the top five reasons. I had already been out of school, paid my dues with one deployment to Iraq and was a 2LT the whole time. There was an OCS PA student that rotated through my clinic and we tried to steer him in the right direction for studying and preparing for the PANCE. I leave that assignment, PCS and go right back to Iraq as a 1LT. I look at the selections for Captain and this guy that we helped, who was still rocking OCS when I was about to be promoted to 1LT beat me and all my previously enlisted classmates to Captain. And we had two years on the job already! When I pressed the branch about how messed up that was the response that I got was that they understood that in the transition that there would be a class or two that was stuck in the gap between. So even though we had more experience, more deployments and got stuck in the not so easy battalions, these newer grads would outrank us, beat us to major and get better assignments. to hell with that. Promotion to civilian was the best one ever. I get paid based on how I perform and their are no egos to satsify. And best, there are no moron soldiers getting me called into the CGs office on a Tuseday because they got a DWI

That does such that you got rolled up into that promotion crap. You know they are about to make everyone from the day they enter the program 2LTs and let them promote to 1LT in the program. So there will be people already in the program OCS sitting at phase II sites with junior classmates gone from enlisted to commissioned and getting that pay. Crazy.

As far as the baby sitting, you're preaching to the choir dude. I got hemmed up yesterday for one of my medics taking 500mg of Benadryl (again) and instead of 4 of my medics who found him calling ANYONE, not even a TEAM LEADER, they decide to take a BP (150/106), Pulse (114), and give dude 1L of LR out of one of my ground ambulances and monitor him in the barracks!!! The last time he did this he was managed inpt by an internist. These guys (all new and one pending chapter) are so screwed off my list. You say you came unglued once as a PA. This was my second time. Livid is an understatement. In the process of crashing mega *** over this.

See, that promotion thing would drive me bonkers. It's such crap. Going from E-7 to 2LT is bad enough, but watching people with less experience get promoted before you is the deal breaker for me. I couldn't deal with the fact that these prior MSCs would be sitting at the brigade level while I was still humping with the infantry with more time in service and on the job. It's total BS. Not being promoted based on your performance and the sacrifices that you make is total garbage. Not to mention dealing with the MSC officers.

That's a funny story about your soldier. I got a phone call when I was at Fort Drum at about 2 am. I had been with this battalion for about a month and one of my sergeants calls and goes "Hey sir, so and so took a hand full of ambien and ran into the EIB training site and vanished" I was like "Why do I care, he doesn't belong to the medics" and the response was "well you live close and the commander wants everybody here to look for him" The back story on this kid was that he got a girl that was not his wife pregnant. In an act of revenge, his wife went out and got pregnant by another guy. It made him so mad that he "tried to kill himself" which was more of a publicity stunt than anything else. We are all out looking for this turd and I honeslty couldn't have cared less if a whole in the ground opened up and swallowed him. Come to find out, he back tracked to the barracks and was asleep in his room while the rest of the company is freezing to death and we had mobilized air assets and had local law enforcement looking for him as well.

he back tracked to the barracks and was asleep in his room while the rest of the company is freezing to death and we had mobilized air assets and had local law enforcement looking for him as well

What ever happened to wall-to-wall counseling?

In revenge, his wife went out and got pregnant by another guy... that's priceless... Yup, that's Joe's wife alright... LOL!

In revenge, his wife went out and got pregnant by another guy... that's priceless... Yup, that's Joe's wife alright... LOL!

Right after she showed up to the company picnic in 3 inch heels, fish-net stockings, a miniskirt, and one of those thongs that are visible on her sides when she bends forward. Half shirt with chub hanging out, top buttons undone with a bra one size too small, ghetto fab make-up job, and eyeballing the 1SG.

Yeah, I know her too.

Archived