If you haven't yet...

remember to apply to UW through their portal and to fill out the FAFSA. The deadline for the former is Feb 15th and the priority deadline for the latter is...sometime later this month. (I want to say the 28th...but best to knock it out early!)

If you've never filled out a FAFSA before, it's pretty simple but you'll need your tax info. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Who's getting excited for class to start? :)

I've called several times. Mariah said we were pretty much just waiting until the class is filled, which has to be soon. The grad school admin people said there was an error on their portal for my app. I'd give them a call, just to make sure everything is ok. Their number is on the site where you'd login.

So I just checked on my grad school application status, and when I logged in there was a new screen, it said, "Congratulations on you offer for MEDEX.... would you like to accept the offer, yes or no."

I applied to the grad school way in early December, and this was the first I saw this screen. It got me excited that things might get moving along! Has anyone gotten this as well, if not go check!

I haven't heard anything from UW yet and I turned in my app Dec 7th. I submitted FAFSA Jan 3rd, and got an email Monday from UW's Fin. Aid office saying they got it. But yeah, I'm getting a little tense that the Grad office hasn't been in touch. I'm beginning to have nightmares that something could go wrong and I get a call saying "OH, sorry, you're not in after all....!" I got a similar email from Mariah last week so just taking deep breaths...

So I just checked on my grad school application status, and when I logged in there was a new screen, it said, "Congratulations on you offer for MEDEX.... would you like to accept the offer, yes or no."

I applied to the grad school way in early December, and this was the first I saw this screen. It got me excited that things might get moving along! Has anyone gotten this as well, if not go check!

ACK !!! Brooke, thanks for posting this! I just logged in and I got the same screen. They must have just done this today because I logged in last night and it wasn't there. WHEW.:;-D:

No Problem!

I also called the grad school office, asked them for an update, because I had my official transcripts sent off in early December. She said that we have to wait until we are accepted into the grad school, and at that time they will ask us to send official transcripts. So, if like me, you sent them already, you will have to send them again. This is definitely getting me excited!

Lowry, did you send them to the grad school office, rather than to MEDEX? That's what I did since that's what the paper said. I called the office today and she said we really weren't supposed to have sent them yet, but she is "going to look for them." If the grad office already has them, it doesn't really make much sense to have to send them again. She had me email the request, that way there was a record of it. Perhaps you should do the same. Their email is uwgrad@uw.edu.

Lowry, did you send them to the grad school office, rather than to MEDEX? That's what I did since that's what the paper said. I called the office today and she said we really weren't supposed to have sent them yet, but she is "going to look for them." If the grad office already has them, it doesn't really make much sense to have to send them again. She had me email the request, that way there was a record of it. Perhaps you should do the same. Their email is uwgrad@uw.edu.

I sent them to the grad office, and the lady I spoke with yesterday said that I sent them too early and would need to resend them when I get something in the mail. I will send them an email, thanks for the advice!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Seattle 45 and have my Study Without Stress - I've scribbled in it so it isn't shiny and new, but if you don't mind ignoring my circles and whatnot on the tests, I'm more than happy to part with it. I can't believe how much it is on Amazon - even used it's still $30. I'll pawn it off for $20! (It's finals time - I need to pay for my coffee habit somehow!) Feel free to PM me.

I'm in Seattle 45 and have my Study Without Stress - I've scribbled in it so it isn't shiny and new, but if you don't mind ignoring my circles and whatnot on the tests, I'm more than happy to part with it. I can't believe how much it is on Amazon - even used it's still $30. I'll pawn it off for $20! (It's finals time - I need to pay for my coffee habit somehow!) Feel free to PM me.

Archived