Army National Guard experience

Hey guy,

I really need some help. I am a Medic in Guard and we drill one weekend a month and we do two weeks in the summer. I have been doing this since i enlisted in 2014. How do i fill this out under experience section where they only give you the option to put the number of hours per week and the total number of weeks.

Thanks for your inputs.

I can't speak to the guard hours, but the formula I used for my time spent as an active duty U.S. Army medic was 8 hours per day, 5 days a week for each week I was active, minus the 30 days of leave a year. It was impossible for me to tease out how many hours I was actively seeing patients versus doing mundane Army stuff for days on end when I was abroad and actively providing medical care on missions so I felt the hours worked themselves out in the long run.

I would contact CASPA as you're likely not the first candidate to run into this issue as you're guard and your timeline is different from that of active duty. If they're unable to assist you, just take the number of weeks you've been drilling averaged together with the two weeks a year drills for an estimated number.

Archived