Third LOR

Hi everyone,

I know we're all asking similar questions but just looking for advice on who I should ask to write me a letter of recommendation. Last year I had the doctor and PA I worked with along with my former pharmacy manager who also knew me outside of work write me letters. I left that job in October and have been working full time with 3 doctors since. I can have the two doctors I work more closely with now write me a letter but I wanted to have a PA write me the third. Would it be okay to have the PA I worked with formerly for a year but haven't worked with in eight months write me a letter? Or I can go shadow a PA and have her write me one but she of course won't really know me as well. I could also have the clinic coordinator where I work write me a letter instead of the three docs if neither PA is a good option.

Thanks!

I don't see how having a PA you previously worked with in the passed would hinder your application.  Especially when they can attest to your knowledge and work ethic better than someone you just met.  I would check with the schools you are applying and be sure your LOR's meet their requirements.  Some have specific individuals they want them from. 

Archived