LOR Concern

I am freaking out a little, because one of my LOR has definitely not put any effort into the process. They accepted and completed the request within the same hour, used their nickname instead of their full first name, and I just checked my PDF and they didn't put in any of their credentials (Orthopedic Surgeon)! 

I am starting to feel like I may have been deceived by this individual. They are an excellent physician, but has a well-known superiority complex. I worked aside them for two years and completely dedicated myself to the efficiency of the practice. They KNOW my work ethic, but now I am concerned that they do not want to see me advance.

What should I do?!

Guest HanSolo

Are you concerned they wrote a poor letter? Not sure on the official policy with this one, but if you feel so inclined, I am sure you can call CASPA and ask to have the letter removed. They might not comply with your request, but you never know.

I wouldn't worry too much. I had a letter from a PA I know well and he didn't write his name or any of his credentials in. 

Are you concerned they wrote a poor letter? Not sure on the official policy with this one, but if you feel so inclined, I am sure you can call CASPA and ask to have the letter removed. They might not comply with your request, but you never know.

I wouldn't worry too much. I had a letter from a PA I know well and he didn't write his name or any of his credentials in. 

Thank you for the reassurance. Yes, I am worried they wrote a poor, and possibly negative, letter. Perhaps I am just over-thinking it, and they just didn't fill out the initial information section.

Guest HanSolo

Considering I don't know you at all, I obviously can't say anything definitively. However, it's the beginning of a new cycle, and it's understandably a very stressful process. If this is the first time you are questioning your decision about asking them for a letter of recommendation, then maybe it's just a little application anxiety? 

Considering I don't know you at all, I obviously can't say anything definitively. However, it's the beginning of a new cycle, and it's understandably a very stressful process. If this is the first time you are questioning your decision about asking them for a letter of recommendation, then maybe it's just a little application anxiety? 

I hope you are right! I can definitely admit to being on the edge this past week while waiting for all my materials to be received by CASPA. I was just shocked when I saw blanks next to every section in their evaluation. Unless they stated who they are and what their profession is in the letter, the programs will have no clue. 

Archived