Applying to Multiple Programs w/ Different Deadlines

Hi All,

Forgive me if this question has already been posted, but it seems like I'm getting different answers from CASPA, programs, etc. I am interested in applying to multiple programs this cycle. I'm facing a dilemma, however. I am finishing up some missing prereqs this summer (I was a business major in undergrad), and some of my courses (specifically A&P II) won't be completed until mid-August.

Program #1 requires all applications to be marked "Verified" by 9/1, but all prereqs aren't required to be completed until matriculation next Spring/Summer. Per CASPA, this program has a Blue Verified date of 9/1.

Program #2 requires all courses to be "complete by the date the application is submitted. Pre CASPA, this program has an Orange Complete date of 9/1.

I'm trying to figure out if I have to pick between one program on the other. From what Program #2 is telling me, all prereqs (including the A&P II course, which won't be over until 8/15) must be calculated into the CASPA GPA.

Any help is appreciated!

You are correct interpreting program deadlines.  Agree with subsequent poster's response.  Check with program #2 and make sure that they have no issue with completing the courses after verification but before you submit to them.

[edited due to misunderstanding on first read]

You can apply to program #2 at a later date.  Unfortunately, if you wait to submit your application to be verified until completing ALL prereqs, you may risk missing the deadline for #1.  The risk is greater at that time because many programs have a deadline in the fall and the verification time is typically increased.  In my opinion, I would finish your application as soon as possible and submit.  Obviously, don't sacrifice the quality but the sooner you submit and it's verified, the sooner the program sees your package increasing your chances to be invited for an interview.  Even though there's a listed deadline, many people submit way early and if the program has rolling admissions you may lose out waiting.` 

To recap finish your application and submit it to CASPA to be verified without the final transcript from A&PII.  Once your submitted application is verified, pay and submit to program #1.  Once your grades are posted for IP classes, change the status in CASPA to complete and populate your grades.  These will, however, be unverified and that's ok.  Most programs just require you to submit the grades to them or send a transcript.  I would recommend you contact program #2 just to be sure this is ok for them.

Archived