How detail oriented is PANCE?

so, i take my PANCE on friday and i'm trying to spend my last day going over high yield stuff. with that said, how detail oriented is PANCE? if i understand big concepts is that good enough to pass? for example, do i need to memorize stuff like the ranson criteria, jones criteria, wells criteria, etc. etc....or is that low yield for me to spend my time with?

i'm getting nervous!

so, i take my PANCE on friday and i'm trying to spend my last day going over high yield stuff. with that said, how detail oriented is PANCE? if i understand big concepts is that good enough to pass? for example, do i need to memorize stuff like the ranson criteria, jones criteria, wells criteria, etc. etc....or is that low yield for me to spend my time with?

i'm getting nervous!

How difficult did you feel the PANCE was as opposed to your program's EOR and summative exams? Did you feel it was more like the PACKRAT?

i would say it is very similar to packrat and lange q&a type questions. not much thinking needed. you can fly through the exam pretty quick...a lot of it is just recall. i was doing mksap and uworld questions, and i would say pance is much easier - the reason i say that is there is very little extraneous information in the questions, and the questions are all very short and easy to glance at/read quickly...you don't have to sift through a long history for each question like some of the other qbanks i was doing.

wow congrats! how did u study? what did u use? which books? questions? plz advise

i pretty much did straight up qbanks because i have a short attention span and i don't like reading or studying. so i used online tools and iphone apps. used mksap4, pretest internal medicine, aapa review cd-rom (from the old version), lange q&a cd-rom, and uworld step 2ck. the day before the exam i read the rapid review section of first aid usmle step 2 ck (very high yield) - it's similar to the word association document that delgadowen‎ created in another thread.

the question format of pance is most similar to the packrat and lange q&a.

my advice is straight up questions banks...review explanations and understand anything you miss. once you do hundreds, thousands of questions, you confidence will be sky high going into the pance

Archived