Previously "tabled" students

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone in the past has any experiences they can share with being "tabled"... Wendy explained to me that they will conduct another review at the end of February and either accept or waitlist people from this group. Has anyone in the past been tabled and then accepted? Do you know what the chances are for being accepted? Anyone waitlisted and accepted? How far down was your number?

Thanks all!

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone in the past has any experiences they can share with being "tabled"... Wendy explained to me that they will conduct another review at the end of February and either accept or waitlist people from this group. Has anyone in the past been tabled and then accepted? Do you know what the chances are for being accepted? Anyone waitlisted and accepted? How far down was your number?

Thanks all!

Everyone in class of 2013 that was offered a seat accepted. To my knowledge nobody was taken from the wait-list.

From my understanding being "tabled" is different than being "waitlisted"? Wendy said they would review the tabled applications and fill the remainder of the spots with some of those applicants and then waitlist the rest. She said the first week of March I would either receive an email stating that I have been accepted or waitlisted and given an position.

Everyone in class of 2013 that was offered a seat accepted. To my knowledge nobody was taken from the wait-list.

From my understanding being "tabled" is different than being "waitlisted"? Wendy said they would review the tabled applications and fill the remainder of the spots with some of those applicants and then waitlist the rest. She said the first week of March I would either receive an email stating that I have been accepted or waitlisted and given an position.

Judging from what they said at my interview recently, I am only expecting about 5-20 spots left for tabled applicants. I have not heard of anybody being rejected after their interview but maybe people just don't post bad news. So I have no idea how many tabled applicants there are. Maybe over 100?

So I am guessing that there is a chance but the odds are not in anyone's favor. But hey! Who thought the Giants would be playing in the Super Bowl this weekend? Things can happen.

Judging from what they said at my interview recently, I am only expecting about 5-20 spots left for tabled applicants. I have not heard of anybody being rejected after their interview but maybe people just don't post bad news. So I have no idea how many tabled applicants there are. Maybe over 100?

So I am guessing that there is a chance but the odds are not in anyone's favor. But hey! Who thought the Giants would be playing in the Super Bowl this weekend? Things can happen.

I interviewed on 1/25. I haven't heard anything so I am assuming I am tabled since there have been acceptances posted here from that week of interviewing. We were told at the interview that 48 spots had been offered. Add the fine folks that were accepted this Monday and it's probably 55-60. That leaves around 20-25 spots for the rest of the interviews and the tabled folks. If the proportions are indeed even as some say then it will probably be around 70 tabled people for 10 spots or somewhere close. Assuming around 70 people have already been rejected. If you carry the one, and multiply both sides by 2, then factor by 3, you'll find that I have put too much thought into solving a math problem that really has nothing to do wth math. I should have stopped texting during my interviews and I probably would have heard the questions better without my headphones in. Ahhh..... live and learn.

Good luck to us both! Keep your spirits up!

I interviewed on 1/25. I haven't heard anything so I am assuming I am tabled since there have been acceptances posted here from that week of interviewing. We were told at the interview that 48 spots had been offered. Add the fine folks that were accepted this Monday and it's probably 55-60. That leaves around 20-25 spots for the rest of the interviews and the tabled folks. If the proportions are indeed even as some say then it will probably be around 70 tabled people for 10 spots or somewhere close. Assuming around 70 people have already been rejected. If you carry the one, and multiply both sides by 2, then factor by 3, you'll find that I have put too much thought into solving a math problem that really has nothing to do wth math. I should have stopped texting during my interviews and I probably would have heard the questions better without my headphones in. Ahhh..... live and learn.

Good luck to us both! Keep your spirits up!

I interviewed this week and was told that if we were a strong yes or no we would be notified on Feb 20th. If we were not a strong yes or no, we would be tabled until March. I guess the wait list is formed after all interviews are complete. From what I was told, 50 students have accepted, 12 offers are out there which means in theory, 62 seats could be taken and 18 seats available. I thought Wendy said there was one more week of interviews but then I was told by a student that this is the last week of interviews......the admissions committee meets tomorrow so today would be the last interview for the week. Hope this helps!

I think there is one more day (maybe not another M-Th round) of interviews, Feb 20th, two people on the 'interviews' thread say they have interviews on that day...

I am so nervous... glass of red wine please.

Dr. Cats, are you also on the tabled list?? I hope there are still some spots left after these interviews... I don't think getting off their waitlist would be probable. :/

Archived