Boston 2012 acceptance notification???

I interviewed October 28 and I am STILL waiting to hear back!! I heard back from a couple other programs a couple days to a couple weeks after those interviews, and it's killing me that it's taking so long to hear from MCPHS. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Do they interview everyone and then notify everyone after all interviews are complete? I assumed they would notify right after each interview session like a lot of other schools do. I'm really worried!....MCPHS is my number 1 choice! Does anyone have any take on the tuition? Is it worth it? I loved the program in Boston, compared to the other 2 I got accepted into, but if the tuition too outrageous??

I interviewed October 28 and I am STILL waiting to hear back!! I heard back from a couple other programs a couple days to a couple weeks after those interviews, and it's killing me that it's taking so long to hear from MCPHS. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Do they interview everyone and then notify everyone after all interviews are complete? I assumed they would notify right after each interview session like a lot of other schools do. I'm really worried!....MCPHS is my number 1 choice! Does anyone have any take on the tuition? Is it worth it? I loved the program in Boston, compared to the other 2 I got accepted into, but if the tuition too outrageous??

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the way MCPHS sends out acceptances is based on a ranking system. Everything you do is ranked, from your personal statement, to your recommendations, the rest of your application, the writing sample, the interview etc. After each interview session any candidate who has a "definite" ranking will be sent an acceptance letter ahead of the scheduled time. As many people have pointed out they already have received their letters. If you are a "probably" a "maybe" a "probably not" or a "definitely not" in ranking, you will not receive a letter until after all interviews have been completed, which is February 11th. I interviewed on Jan. 19th, and an applicant asked the director how many people have already been sent acceptances, and she said that 20 have been sent and received back that they will be attending the school and she also said they send out 100 acceptance letters total assuming that not everyone will choose to attend MCPHS. Hope this helps! I'm still waiting as well.

Archived