Has anyone done Scribe America?

Looking into getting some HCE and I already volunteer in the ED at a local hospital. I was wondering has anyone worked with Scribe America, and do they have any feedback on the program.

Side Note: If you interviewed for PA school, did the admin. have anything to say about Scribe America being on your application?

Thanks!!!

Looking into getting some HCE and I already volunteer in the ED at a local hospital. I was wondering has anyone worked with Scribe America, and do they have any feedback on the program.

Side Note: If you interviewed for PA school, did the admin. have anything to say about Scribe America being on your application?

Thanks!!!

I didn't scribe for Scribe America, but I did scribe and it certainly gave me something to talk about during interviews. It's not considered hands-on healthcare experience by some schools, so contact the programs you are interested in before committing to scribing.

I worked as an EMT-B and PCT before I scribed, so I can't say that scribing was the key factor in getting interviews but it can't hurt. If you are deciding between EMT and scribing, go for EMT because I think it'll get you farther with more programs and it pays a bit more. Good luck.

I didn't scribe for Scribe America, but I did scribe and it certainly gave me something to talk about during interviews. It's not considered hands-on healthcare experience by some schools, so contact the programs you are interested in before committing to scribing.

I worked as an EMT-B and PCT before I scribed, so I can't say that scribing was the key factor in getting interviews but it can't hurt. If you are deciding between EMT and scribing, go for EMT because I think it'll get you farther with more programs and it pays a bit more. Good luck.

Archived