Question regarding Clinical Care Extender Program

I have recently accepted to Clinical Care Extender Program at St.Mary Medical Center. And i will be/want to intern in Rehabilitation.According to flyer, I will "work with physical therpaist in Rehabilitation". So, does my internship at St.Mary Medical Center counted as HCE?..

I need an advice or an answer...Thanks.

I have recently accepted to Clinical Care Extender Program at St.Mary Medical Center. And i will be/want to intern in Rehabilitation.According to flyer, I will "work with physical therpaist in Rehabilitation". So, does my internship at St.Mary Medical Center counted as HCE?..

I need an advice or an answer...Thanks.

Hugely depends on the program you are applying to. If you are applying to a program that requires paid experience, then no - this would not be appropriate. Please don't be afraid to visit school websites, they are often very clear about what kind of experience they want you to have.

Keep in mind - I've heard great things about this program you are talking about. Volunteer experience is always awesome, but please make sure you have what is required in order to be considered for admission by a particular PA program. Many people do both at the same time (paid + volunteer), and/or have done both in the past.

Hugely depends on the program you are applying to. If you are applying to a program that requires paid experience, then no - this would not be appropriate. Please don't be afraid to visit school websites, they are often very clear about what kind of experience they want you to have.

Keep in mind - I've heard great things about this program you are talking about. Volunteer experience is always awesome, but please make sure you have what is required in order to be considered for admission by a particular PA program. Many people do both at the same time (paid + volunteer), and/or have done both in the past.

Archived