Jobs in and around NYC

Hi all,

I am a PA-S2 set to graduate in August 2017 and I'm a little concerned about my potential job future. My SO is moving to NYC for a job opportunity and I've done a lot of reading on this forum and it appears that NYC has a reputation for not treating or paying its PA's well. I was wondering if anyone could share any experience with working there. I was also wondering if the surrounding area (within 45 minutes or so) was as bad as NYC itself. I'm also concerned with trying to find a job where I didn't rotate as a student since I will be competing with other new graduates who potentially have already made connections. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

First job out of school was in NYC. Pay was fair for a new grad but difficult to make your way up other than annual raises of like 1% which everyone gets. Smaller practices such as CityMD urgent care centers which are all over all boroughs I heard notoriously pay extremely well. There's a zillion and one opportunities in NYC for PAs. Some of the best teaching hospitals around too. You should be totally fine. Feel free to PM if you have any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived