ISU distance learning

I recently interviewed at Idaho State University and very much liked the campus and faculty I met with.  I have some reservations about "distance learning" and watching some portion of lecture via video conference. Any current ISU students have experience with this? Do you feel it inhibits interaction with professors at all, or is it pretty seamless?

I'm an ISU grad, I can provide some info on the distance learning aspect. Overall, it wasn't too bad. There are multiple cameras, microphones, and very large screens. Once you get used to it, it's not a big deal. However, there were the occasional "technical" issues that disrupted communications, but the on site tech guys usually handled things quickly. As for interaction with lecturers afterward, this is very, very difficult. If the lecturers are not at your location there is virtually no contact outside of class. This was mainly an issue the first semester, less so once you get into more clinical stuff.

Archived