Starting PA School with an infant and a toddler - advice from parents who've done it?

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably possible with enough support. I don't know how it will be like. I have a 9 yrs old daughter and I am nervous about starting PA School in January. I've heard it's really intense so my husband and I have decided that I will live in campus and come home every weekend. He will play single dad. Of course my daughter will be in school and before/after school programs. It's a short sacrifice that will be worth it in the end, but it will only be worth it if I succeed in the program. Have you thought of hiring an au pair? They can be cheaper than day care if you have multiple children. Or maybe relatives will be willing to help you out as well. GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you can do it, it's just a matter of figuring out "HOW."

Like many have said, If you are motivated, I'm sure you can do it. I took 22 credit hours ( all science/pre-reqs for PA school) had a <1 year old, worked full time, and was a single mom....and I still made the Dean's list and got mainly A's ( 2 B's). It was VERY hard, but not impossible. You just have to schedule time away for yourself. I'm not in PA school yet ( interview in 3 weeks), but I imagine it can't be much harder than taking A/P 2, O chem, Micro, and others all at the same time. Go for it girl!

Archived