Resume for CASPA

What should I include in my resume on CASPA? I have a lot of different experiences. Should I include all or only healthcare related experiences? Should shadowing be included?

If anyone has a sample of a well written resume they've done for CASPA to share, it would be really helpful.

You should definitely include your shadowing experiences as most PA schools have this as a requirement. I think it would be a good idea if you also include your volunteering, leadership, research, etc. experiences because that shows them that you are a well rounded applicant. Definitely list as much healthcare experience as you can but don't let that be the only thing. I don't think you have to submit a resume on CASPA (I could be wrong but I didn't have that option when I applied last cycle). 

apthepa.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

CASPA does not require a resume, but some of the schools do in the "documents" section under "Program Materials." Honestly it feels very repetitive to list all my experiences in CASPA, and then duplicate them on a resume. My resume was basically what I put in the experiences section of caspa; however, I did not include shadowing on my resume. A resume should only be one page and all of my shadowing would take up way too much space. I included work/research experiences, achievements, and volunteering. 

Archived