Question on Assigning Specific Pre-Requisites for Programs

Hope everyone is having a great start to this caspa cycle!

Quick question regarding assigning pre-requisites to certain programs. In the "Program Materials" section, many programs ask to assign the courses from your transcript to prerequisite categories. Some programs seem strait forward and will list, for example, "Anatomy" in which case I just select all of my anatomy courses. Other programs are a little bit more confusing and will have MULTIPLE spots to enter say "Biology". So I guess my main question is, how have you all been dealing with this? In the case with some programs, for example Arcadia, they have two places to input "Biology" so are you just selecting one biology course for each one? I would like to select all of my biology classes but it seems to only show 1 when you select multiple. This may sound confusing to anyone who has not had this problem yet but any advice/feedback is much appreciated!

First have you read the CASPA FAQs?  READ them.  Read ALL of them - sometimes the answers aren't where you think they should be.  

That is also going to be the definitive source for what is "right" (not this forum or Facebook ... unless you get a response from Danielle from CASAPA, of course).  Do come here for advice!

As to your question, essentially, it depends on the SCHOOL's requirements.

Per the CASPA FAQ:  <snippet>  If it is available, you will be given a list of the school’s prerequisite course requirements and asked to designate which courses you have taken or plan to take which you believe fulfill these requirements. 

UNDERSTAND: Entering these courses does not mean you have met the school’s prerequisite requirements. Instead, the school is asking you to self-identify these courses for their review. If you have any questions regarding what the program will accept regarding these prerequisites, you MUST contact the PA program directly.

Now for advice:  If you have multiple courses you believe meet the school's requirement, select the most advanced level course you have with the best grade ... UNLESS the school's requirement is for a particular course/level, in which case, put exactly what the school is listing as a requirement.  

Good luck with your applications!

Archived