National Guard PA role

I was wondering if anyone on here that was a PA in the national guard could give me some insight into their process.

If they joined before, during or after school? What was the direct commission process like? What their role is as a PA during drilling weekends?(Are you working as a PA or are you drilling?)

Deployment situations how long, how many etc. (No, not scared of deploying, I want to, and would just like to be informed)

Quoted benefits from recruiters such as loan repayment etc. I've read $25000 per year for a 3 year commitment. Is this one weekend a month or something more intensive? Are you able to keep a full time M-F job with this?

I've contacted of states branch but its a very slowwwww process and they keep bouncing me around.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone on here that was a PA in the national guard could give me some insight into their process.

If they joined before, during or after school? What was the direct commission process like? What their role is as a PA during drilling weekends?(Are you working as a PA or are you drilling?)

Deployment situations how long, how many etc. (No, not scared of deploying, I want to, and would just like to be informed)

Quoted benefits from recruiters such as loan repayment etc. I've read $25000 per year for a 3 year commitment. Is this one weekend a month or something more intensive? Are you able to keep a full time M-F job with this?

I've contacted of states branch but its a very slowwwww process and they keep bouncing me around.

Thanks in advance!

I became a PA through the military's program. Direct commission process is lots of paper work and waiting for a commissioning board to give you the thumbs up or down.

I am in a unit that goes into the field a lot. When we do, we set up a couple tents to serve as a mobile Battalion Aid Station that acts as a Level 1 clinic where we mainly see your standard urgent care/FM type patients but are prepared to stabilize more serious trauma cases for rapid evac. We have four ambulances and practice mass casualty, trauma, and evacuation drills. When not in the field, most of my time is spent in planning meetings with the command staff to insure that future planned missions have the appropriate required medical assets on hand. I am also responsible for supervising the training and EMT certification sustainment of my medics.

I have not deployed as a PA yet, but it is usually 6 month long deployments.

If you sign up for a 6 year commitment, you get $75k for loan repayment for the first 3 years and an incentive bonus of $20k per year for the next three years.

Yes, you can keep you regular job, but they have to be understanding of your military commitment. Fortunately, we have a schedule published through October 2017 so it gives my civilian employer plenty of time to work with me.

I love being a PA in the NG. If I could do it full time, I would in a heartbeat.

Archived