Physician Assistants in New Zealand?

I am currently the only known PA in New Zealand and I am working for the Ministry of Health to help set up more PA pilot programs for NZ following the surgery pilot that finished this year. I have heard there may be other PAs over here. If anyone knows of PAs in NZ that may be working in another job, I would love to get in touch with them as we will be recruiting soon for these trials.

Cheers,

Tiffany

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone! Yes the pilot program is going ahead in New Zealand. It will be in general practice and they are looking for 5-6 PAs with minimum 3 years experience in family/general practice. The application process will be rigorous but if you are keen and have this experience please send me a private message and I can send you more information.

Cheers,

Tiffany

• 1 month later...

Hi just an update on what's happening in New Zealand. The trial will be starting around November 2012 and there will be an application form released very soon. I will post the link as soon as it's available. I've recently been hired to work as a PA in a GP clinic and will be involved with the trial when it starts. The scope of practice is still very limited because we are not a registered profession here but we are making progress. Cheers!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Eric,

The best way to contact me is to email me at nomadforlife@gmail.com. I can give you more information via email.

Cheers,

Tiffany

Tiffany,

I am a P.A.-C in the United States and am interested in working in New Zealand. Could you please give me contact information on any available positions that you know about?

Thank you,

Eric Williams

Hi everyone,

Since the GP trial is already up and running, I'm pretty sure they won't be taking any more applicants but there is another opportunity in a hospital setting here in New Zealand. They are looking for PAs for a 6 month stint in general med or surgery. 4 years experience necessary. Contact me at nomadforlife@gmail.com if you want more info.

Tiffany

Archived