Any Colorado PA's out there?

I posted a question in the State forums also - I am wondering about the job market along the front range in Colorado. I am currently in central KY in Primary Care and between the low salaries and being gradually pushed out by the NP's that have less restrictions/regulations I am considering moving. I have family along the Front Range area - Parker and Broomfield. I have been on the Colorado PA website and PA's definitely have less restrictions and seem better organized than here in KY - but I am hoping to hear from anyone currently in the work force out there.

bobuddy: I'm currently in Denver. I'm a Colorado native and tried for 2.5 yrs to acquire a position back along the front range while I was still working in Houston. I had moved down there to do graduate school, and once I was done, continued working in Houston and began looking for a position in Colorado. Due to the recent recession, hospitals, clinics, etc are not willing to pay for you to come out and interview. I did get a few 1 hour interviews on the phone, but no face to face time with anyone. Also you have to have your state PA license ready to activate within 24 hours for them to look positively at you. So proceed with the medical board to get that process going, it will take you about 2-3 months (depending on how fast you get everything to them). Then you will probably have to move here before you make any progress on job interviews and the like.

Thanks Sbahrych for the info - I was thinking that would be the case. Fortunately, my husband has a job he would be able to do no matter where we lived - so I would be the only one looking for a job. Any insight into the job market and salary ranges? I am currently in Family Practice and have been out for 13 years - making only 65K. Yes, I know this is low, but this is rural KY. There is no chance of increasing that salary anytime soon without moving to one of the cities.

Archived