Shoes suggestions for people with bad feet

So I have really really horrible feet. They are particularly terrible at standing for long (even short) periods of time. I can walk forever with no problem. But literally just an hour of standing in the anatomy lab or museum does terrible things to me. I've gone to the podiatrist and have been told my feet pronate too much and have gotten orthotics. The orthotics are wonderful and I rarely get pain. But sometimes I feel a little something that gets me nervous.

The question:

What shoes do people recommend? I want to be proactive and not wait for my feet to hurt before knowing I need different shoes. I especially want to hear from people with a history of bad feet.

Dansko, Merrels, other?? I have read some of the other threads but some of those people obviously never had bad feet to begin with.

I guess I'll also add that I'm 6'4''. I feel like 2'' from the Dansko Professional is just going to destroy my back in the OR since most surgeons will be shorter than me. Just something to make note of.

When you say that you excessively pronate, the first thing I think of are running shoes made for that. I recommend going to a running store, have them analyze your stride, and see what they recommend.

I am 6'4" tall and 225 pounds. I have had problems with plantar fasciitis in the past. I wear New Balance for sneakers, Super Birki's in the ER, and Clark's in the office. I like them all.

Good luck!

Pat

• 2 years later...
Sac Longchamp Merci www.hichamlasri.com R Bardamu d de partir pour l'Afrique. Il y d les horreurs de l'exploitation coloniale. Il retrouve Robinson, rencontr sur les champs de bataille, et lui succ en reprenant la g d'un comptoir commercial. Il tombe client et conna des crises de d Iberia PlusDe quoi s´agît-il?AvantagesAvantagesClassiqueArgentOrPlatineQuel orient le method de fonctionnement ?Comment profiter de vos AviosAcheter et transférer des AviosOffres et PartnersVolsHotelsMotorFinancialShoppingBien-être LeisurePlus Products and services Meilleures OffresInscrivez-vousAide Iberia PlusOffres volsVols marche cherRecherche de volsRecherche par budgetÉchappées de bout de semaineHoraires de volsRSSGestion de réservationsGestion de réservationsCheck-in onlineDéparts et arrivées Check-in onlineCarte dembarquement portableHeure limite InformationsAvant de voyagerListe de nos destinationsActualitéLes Agences IberiaLes destinationsGuide pratiqueAcheter excédent bagagesBagagesReservations SiegesAutres servicesCheck-in onlineHoraires oneworldÀ l´aéroportÀ l´aéroport du BarcelonaÀ l´aéroport du MadridCorrespondances Madrid T4Billet électronique Salons VipCheck-in onlineCheck-inHeure limite Autres servicesÀ bordLa fauteuilDivertissements CommunicationsGastronomieBodega Company PlusBoutique Ã* bordConfortArrivée Ã* destinationDéparts et arrivées Les Agences IberiaAutres servicesIncidences BagagesProduits et ServicesNos classesPont AérienBus and FlyoneworldAvantages Alliance IB/AA/BABoutique Ã* bordSalons VipAutres companies Focus au Consumer some. Each individual person melody in into the unique Audio: Carry on actively playing audio two self-sufficient scientific reports within Europe and in addition Mexico discovered through which playing audio you love boost similarly keep wholesome. Dopamine ranges go up so you also understand to acquire what precisely is referred to as the actual subject material hormone. Jazz, time-honored and in addition stone knowledgeable the utmost final result in step with the scientific reports.

With excessive pronation you need a straight lasted shoe. The "last" of the shoe refers to the amount of curvature of the sole when you look at it from the plantar side. People with high arches require a very curved last, while people with flat feet (and usually overpronation) require a straight lasted shoe. New balance and Brooks are the quality shoe makers that make straight lasted shoes. Burkenstocks are fairly good at this as well, just got to find the ones that will fit your professional need.

Andrew

Archived