So did anyone else hear about what has been going on with the GWU program? Apparently the director, Dr. Orcutt, has resigned over some allegations that she gave out A's despite failing to teach a class she was responsible for. I am really worried as to how this is going to affect the program and am wondering if anyone else is?

I am a little as well but she hasn't been at the school that long and it's been a great program for such a long time (not dept on just one person). Schools have larger scandals (Penn State, BU med & craigslist, UT and shooter) and sooner or later things die down..

But yes a little shocking....

I am enrolled to start this coming May. After speaking to a few students I feel much better. I would be worried if GWU's program was just "eh" then Dr. Orcutt came along and things boomed (aka if she was responsible for the program's success). She's only been there for a few years and the program has a very, very longstanding reputation as a top PA program.

Thank you both for your input. I know its a well established program and obviously based on their pass rates the quality of education is not debatable. I just want to make sure they dont have a risk of losing their accreditation. Laur, did the students you spoke with mention whether faculty had addressed their upcoming review and if this would play a part in that? I suppose thats my biggest concern.

Archived